Tuesday, July 6, 2010

HEAT WAVE...

Well I definitely ruined my blog streak... I don't like it... but... it is what it is. I'm sorry.

Quite simply the last four days have been nothing but madness. I won't get into all of it, cause I just don't have it in me to get detailed and explain... I will make it up to ya later.

Pretty much hopped on a red eye to New York on the 4th of July. That night I wanted to write a post about America, I have a lot of thoughts about it but again just didn't have a spare second to dig into that subject the way I want to. I will say this, I had a realization that day... I take this country for granted, quite simply... I expect freedom, and rarely, if ever, consider the possibility of living with out it, merely cause I've always had it... like my arms and legs, like... breathing. I realize that I become a little apathetic about what is going on in our world, busy and self absorbed, (however innocently it occurs), I have slacked in my responsibility as a citizen to be educated, and holding our leaders responsible and in check to protect and preserve that freedom. That freedom has been paid for with a massive price and sacrifice, to a level beyond my comprehension. I hope that apathy and laziness doesn't cause us to ever lose it, when I say us, I include myself. Ya never know what you've got until it's gone...

Look, I know we're not perfect as a nation, but we've got it good here. And I don't know if it's really about getting political but being patriotic and aware. Basically I am trying to say is, I am grateful for America... like it says in the song "for there ain't no doubt I love this land"

Anywho... New York... truly, there is no place like it. Pure Insanity... I love it and it kinda makes me want to pull my hair out at the same time. We're here shooting loads of fun Girls with Glasses stuff... and by fun I mean, getting lost in this massive city in our adorable dresses and fabulous looking shoes not made for walking, catching cabs and learning the life stories of cab drivers, hopping on trains filled with Lady Gaga look alikes singing "ga ga oh la la" (I think that's how it goes...apparently the concert was here tonight) quite loudly and out of tune, squishing into the muggy subways, meeting loads of crazy folks and encountering wild adventure... all while being smack dab in the middle of the worst Heat Wave that the East Coast has seen in nine years. Yep.

Sweet...

Living the dream... Fun Times.

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that New York was fun, despite getting lost. Sounds like my London adventures a few years back :)

    We do have a beautiful, beautiful country that we live in and I know I take it for granted way too often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, If roaming NYC dressed in heels with 95 plus heat is "Living the Dream", then I would hate to see your nightmare.  Have fun and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your blog! I love NY as well. No place like it. Look forward to reading more from you, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that I just stumbled upon your blog! You're music is so beautiful, and you have a really lovely blog!! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh golly, I miss NYC. That city is magnificent. Hope you're having a blast there! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! New blog! Been waitin' for this! Thanks, Brooke. Had fun reading it! :)

    Yeah, the US is a beautiful country. It's a land of countless opportunities. I hope someday my own country will be as prosperous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by for the first time. Love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete